Welcome to Hana's Tradewind Cottage
As you follow the private drive through the tropical flower garden to our secluded Tradewinds Cottage, you will discover the Hawaii that you came to see.
Surrounded by exotic flowers and tropical fruit trees, our two bedroom, one bath cottage has Wi-Fi, cable TV, DVD and CD stereo. There is a gas cook top, refrigerator and microwave oven in the newly remodeled kitchen with a propane barbeque outside on the covered deck.
The cottage has a queen size bed, two twin beds and a queen size sleeper sofa. You'll enjoy the splendor of the slopes of Haleakala while relaxing in your private hot tub or cooking your favorite island-style feast on the barbeque under your covered lanai.
Planning a trip to the east side of Maui? Be sure to book your stay with us as early as possible. We are usually booked months in advance.
- Base rate is $195.00
- Nightly rate for people +13.5% tax = $221.33
- There is a charge of $25 per night for each additional person. For the rate of $195 per night + tax for 2 people, you would have the use of just one of the bedrooms. If there are 2 in your party but you need both rooms, please notify us ahead of time, as it is an additional $25 per night + tax.
- The cottage can accommodate a maximum of 4 guests. No pets. If you have a service animal, please notify us ahead of time.
Our next opening is April 5, 2015 for 1 night.
Check availability for your trip by entering your arrival and departure date below. Optionally, you can view the calendar.
- Minimum stay: We have a two night minimum stay for all reservations made more than a week in advance, except when there is an open night “sandwiched” between two existing reservations. We are happy to accept one night stays 7 days in advance. There will be a $25 cleaning fee for a one night reservation for two people and a $35 cleaning fee for three or four people who stay for only one night.
- Deposits: A 25% deposit is required to reserve the cottage and the balance is due 30 days in advance.
- Payment: We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Check-in time is 3:00 p.m.
Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
- Cancellation: If you need to cancel, we will refund the amount that you paid less a 25% service fee. Guests that check out prior to the registered check-out date will forfeit the balance of the payment. If anything is missing or damaged after you check out, we will charge your credit card for the cost of the repair and/or replacement of the item. Please let us know if there are any accidents or problems.
- Laundry facilities: Available free of charge for guests staying 5 or more nights.
Rates and policies are subject to change.
To provide a smoke free environment for our guests, smoking is only allowed outside.
No pets are allowed at the cottage.
Submit a reservation inquiry using the form below.
Need help right away? Contact us directly.
Phone: (808) 248-8980
Toll Free: 1-800-327-8097
Hana is a small town located on the east side of Maui. It is home to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, breath taking waterfalls, and majestic coastlines. From Kahului airport it is about a 50 mile drive along the winding coastline. Along the way you can enjoy hiking trails, beautiful overlooks, and incredible waterfalls.
Hana town is limited when it comes to night life and dining options. There is one gas station and two small stores (closes at 7:30 PM). If you are staying for several nights, we recommend buying groceries in Kahului before driving to Hana. Travaasa Hotel has a bar and restaurant, although it is a bit pricey, and so does the Hana Ranch Restaurant (also pricey). There are a several locally owned eateries and lunch wagons around town. A local favorite is Pranee's, which has excellent Thai food. Checkout Hana on Yelp for a list of popular activities and food options.
There are a variety of outdoor activities, some of which we’ve listed below. It is nice to have a couple of days to spend in Hana because it is a long trip out here. That way you have some time to just relax and explore this side of the island.
For more information on Hana please visit hanamaui.com
- Go hang gliding down the road (1 minute away): hangglidingmaui.com
- Spelunking in lava tube (2 minutes away): mauicave.com
- Go kayaking, snorkeling, surfing, or free diving (10 minutes away): hanabaykayaks.com
- Guided hike and taro patch tour at Kapahu Living Farm (45 minutes away): kipahulu.org/hike.html
- Ohe’o (7 Sacred Pools) and bamboo forest (45 minutes away): nps.gov/hale/
- Horse back riding (45 minutes away): mauistables.com
The map below shows the route from the Kahului Airport (OGG) to the Tradewind Cottage (Approximately 52 miles).